Biodegradable, biocompatible, with antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal activity.
Chitin and its derivatives such as chitosan are nitrogenous polysaccharides that we obtain from our beetle hut. Furthermore, chitin is biodegradable and biocompatible, with a recognized antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal activity.
Our chitosan is biodegradable, biocompatible, with antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal activity.
Our production system allows us to obtain high quality chitin, obtained directly from controlled raw materials and in a constant production regime, compared to traditional systems based on the collection of waste from the fish, crustacean and cephalopod processing industries.
The applications of chitin and chitosan are very broad:
- Water treatment, as a base for flocculating and coagulant products.
- Food industry, in the form of additives or as a basic raw material for the production of antimicrobial protective films and / or filter materials.
- Medicine, as a component of dressings, bandages and as a compound for the control of blood cholesterol.
- Biotechnology, in a large number of applications such as cell coatings, immobilizing agents for enzymes, etc.
- Agriculture, for coating seeds, as a fertilizer, growth stimulant and insecticide.
- Cosmetics, as a matrix due to its moisturizing properties and its null allergenicity.
- Paper industry, increasing the yield of the pulp and providing greater resistance and improvements in the fixation of inks.
- Other industries, due to its structural properties for use as a filter or support.